This delicious breakfast recipe will help you manage irritable bowel syndrome. For a warm winter alternative, use this recipe and it to your morning porridge, oat bran or rice.
- 2 dessertspoons of whole (unground) seeds (equal quantities of linseed, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and sunflower seeds)
- 6-10 almonds
- 1-2 tsp psyllium hulls
- 1/2 cup of plain (unsweetened), organic or biodynamic yoghurt with live cultures
- Grated raw apple; or stewed apple, pears or plum; or mixed berries
- Place yoghurt and fruit in bowl
- Grind the seeds mix to the consistency of coarse coffee; grind almonds — Do this each morning because once ground, seeds and nuts tend to become rancid very quickly
- Add seeds and psyllium to yoghurt and fruit and enjoy!
IBS-C: If IBS symptoms are associated with constipation, try adding double the amount of pumpkin seeds when you grind the seeds.
IBS-D: If IBS symptoms are associated with diarrhoea, try
adding 1-2 tsp of slippery elm powder to step 4.